Free Movie for Teens
Come watch the classic movie based on Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Teens are invited to watch at 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 19, at Springfield Public Library, 225 5th Street, Springfield.
This movie is rated PG. Popcorn will be served. Admission is free! Non-teens must be accompanied by a teen to attend.
The Library offers a weekly gathering for teens at 4:30 p.m., every Tuesday. Join us to hang out, enjoy a snack, learn new skills and have fun. Teen programs are made possible by our generous Friends of the Springfield Library.
What: Free Teen Movie
When: 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 19
Where: Library Meeting Room, Springfield Public Library
Additional Information: Cara Kinsey, 541.726.4653, firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Flight for Spring Break at Springfield Public Library
Kids and families are invited to the Springfield Public Library during their Spring Break (March 25– 30) for a whole week of fun and free STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) programming. Each event is sponsored by the Springfield Utility Board. Registration for these events is not required. Audience size will be capped according to room capacity and performer preference. For more information, visit our online calendar.
Monday, March 25
- 11 a.m. – “Introduction to Birdwatching” for Kids with Rose Britton of the Lane County Audubon Society
- 2 p.m. – “Stomp Rockets!” Create a rocket and see how high you can launch it.
- 6:30 p.m. – Chapter Book Storytime with Librarian Taylor
Tuesday, March 26
- 10 a.m. – Baby/Toddler Storytime
- 2 p.m. – “Design a Flying Machine” Art Class with local artist Marianne Walker
Wednesday, March 27
- 10 a.m. – Baby/Toddler Storytime
- 10 a.m. – Preschool Storytime
- 2 p.m. – Chintimini Wildlife Center “Birds of Prey” Program
Thursday, March 28
- 10 a.m. – Cascade Raptor Center Bird Program
- 11 a.m. – Cascade Raptor Center Bird Program (repeat)
Friday, March 29
- 2 p.m. – Paper Airplane Design & Flight Contest
Saturday, March 30
- 11 a.m. – Mark & Taylor Tell Stories! A flight-themed, two-librarian storytime for preschoolers and early elementary ages.
- 2 p.m. – Exploring Ancient Technology with the Museum of Natural and Cultural History
What: Flight: A Week of STEAM Programming at Springfield Public Library
When: March 25 – 30
Where: Springfield Public Library, 225 5th Street, Springfield OR 97477
Additional Information: Taylor Worley, 541.726.2243, email@example.com
Plank Town Presents: Springfilm On the Move All-Ages Free Film The Dark Crystal
The great conjunction is at hand – and in time for spring break! Please join us at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 28 at the Wildish Theater for the Springfilm On the Move all-ages free screening of The Dark Crystal. This film, renowned for its groundbreaking puppetry and animatronics, utilized the skills of Jim Henson (Sesame Street, Muppets), Frank Oz (The Empire Strikes Back) and Brian Froud as chief designer. The three would later work together again on “Labyrinth”. The film begins a thousand years after the Dark Crystal of Thra cracked, leaving the land under the control of the cruel Skeksis. The Dark Crystal was awarded the Best Fantasy Film at the Saturn Awards and the Grand Prize at the Avoriaz Fantastic Film Festival. Starring Stephen Garrick, Lisa Maxwell Billie Whitelaw, Percy Edwards and Barry Dennen; directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz; 93 minutes; 1982; Rated PG.
Watch the film and stay for a short after-film discussion! The movie and discussion are free to attend. The ongoing film series is presented by Plank Town Restaurant and Brewery and coordinated by a partnership between the Springfield Library, the Springfield Library Foundation, and Willamalane Park& Recreation District.
Springfilm On the Move continues on April 11, 2019 with Rain Man. Through August 2019, Springfilm will feature a monthly free screening of a film where travel is part of the plot.
What: Plank Town presents: Springfilm, “On the Move,” free screening of Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal
When: 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 28
Where: Wildish Theater, 630 Main Street, Springfield OR 97477
Additional Information: Kristen Curé, 541.726.2232, firstname.lastname@example.org